Monday, June 2, 2008

WHY?s Up: Farmer's Market and Peddle Boating (Oakland)

.:*Lake Merritt*:.
(Lake Merritt at night)

So on Friday the WHY?s crew went to Old Oakland (which is in the downtown area) to go to the Farmer's Market that is held there every Friday (since I've only been to the one on Fruitvale, I was expecting a HUGE crowd, but it wasn't as congested; don't get me wrong though, there were a lot of people). There was a lot of produce, music, clothes, food, and jewlery stands. My favorite was the one where they were selling these giant (okay, not giant) cookies; one bag, which contains 3 cookies is $3, but then they give you an extra bag of cookies (well, at least they did to me), so they cookies end up being 50 cents each! "Yay!" for bargins!

While we were over there, my friends and I went to this sushi place; and it's too bad that I don't remember the name, because the sushi was freakin' awesome! Well priced too (depending on what kind of sushi you get of course).

Also, Friday was our "Fun day", so the teachers took us peddle boating in Lake Merritt. It was super special awesome! In the boat, it was Delilah, Mr. Lee, and myself (of course). Delilah and I were peddling our little vessel along, while Mr. Lee was "sterring" (if you can even call it that) and taking video and pictures. Otherwise, he only helped out with the peddling when we felt like going "Turbo". It was uber fun. I even told my mom that we should do it together (espcially since she practically lives in Lake Merritt; she's always walking around the lake). :D

No comments: