Thursday, June 5, 2008

WHY?s Up: Personal Growth (Part 1)

.:*Square Bear*:.
(Grr)
PhotobucketDuring this entire postsession, everyone has had to go beyond their comfort zone, one way or another. Myself included. When I found out that we were going to have to interview people, my immediate response was, "I'm never going to be the interviewer in which ever group I'm in." As of this moment, I've been the interviewer at least 3 times already (I don't know why I make promises to myself that I don't keep). But it's more than just going up to people; it's gaining confidence in yourself.

PhotobucketBut it's not only the confidence building that's happened; you're becoming a more well rounded person by maybe trying new foods, or going into a community that makes you feel uncomfortable (and trying not to show it). Like for me, the Walnut Creek trip totally freaked me out because I wasn't used to that sort of enviornment, but I know next time what to expect and can feel somewhat more at ease than I was before. Maybe.
PhotobucketAnyway, now I don't feel as awkward as I did before going up to people and asking if I can interview them (though when it comes to the actual questioning, I still can't get the robot out of me...(T.T)). But feel a lot better about this postsession than when it first started...so yeah. YAY!
Photobucket

2 comments:

babycheeks said...

i told myself the exact same thing about never being the interviewer, but hey we did it and we did a pretty good job! i think you were a great interviewer and you didn't seem shy at all, and you were very polite. so well done!

Square Bear (Jackie) said...

Babycheeks/Ale: Aw, thanks! BUt I was really shy (you have no idea), but you're right we did it! And now that the postsession is almost over, we don't have to worry about it anymore! YAY! (>w<)