Tuesday, June 3, 2008

WHY?s Up: Lake Shore (Oakland)

.:*Lake Shore*:.
Yesterday the WHY?s Up crew went to the Lake Shore area of Oakland. The interviewing experience we had yesterday was probably the best yet. We had approximately a 0% rejection rate! (But that's probably because we were doing food, and people don't mind getting interviewed about food). However, that doesn't mean we got all six of our interviews; we lost time because we were waiting for someone at the Jenny Craig to come out so we could interview them. Oh well...


.:*Yogurt Deluxe*:.


(Bleh)


Anyway, before we did any of our interviewing, we had lunch. My friend and I went to Yougurt Deluxe. Bad experience for me. They use Dryer's ice cream... and it sucks. I got a green tea ice cream milk shake, and it did not taste good. It tasted kind of sour actually (but maybe that came from the fresh milk that they use; I've never had fresh milk before, so I don't know how it tastes). Their green tea shake has nothing on the one that I can get at Lord's Ice Cream in Castro Valley (now they make their own ice cream).


.:*A Rose*:.

(Rock Sculpture by Rick Botto)



Later, as a bonus we went to the Rose Garden (I didn't even know Oakland had a Rose Garden). On our way there we saw some awesome rock art by one Mr. Rick Botto (I believe that was his name). It was funny how me met him; we were just admiring the art when we hear, "That's some cool sh*t, huh?" I love it when older people use bad language. Makes them "cooler" in our eyes, I guess. Anyway, we get to the Rose Garden, and I'm just stunned by all the beautiful roses (they're one of my favorite flowers). So I take my camera, and I probably have enough pictures to make my own Home and Garden Magazine. I even got a picture of a squirrel. It was a fun day.

.:*Squirrel*:.

(Aw!!)

P.S.-All pictures were taken by yours truely

No comments: