Friday, May 30, 2008

WHY?s Up: Rockridge (North Side Oakland)

.:*Map Thing (YAY!)*:.
(It's on here somewhere)

Okay, so if I'm being honest here I really thought that Rockridge was going to look like...well, Fruitvale really. I didn't even know that Rockridge was right next to Berkley until the day of the trip! When I first got there I thought, "...We're back in Walnut Creek." But after spending sometime, you start to see a lot of the "ghetto-ness"; so it's more like a combination between Fruitvale and Walnut Creek. There are a lot of white people, but you saw a lot of minorites there too (40% minority and 60% white...I'm guessing).

It was definately a lot cleaner in Rockridge than in Fruitvale, I'll give them that. There are also a lot of stores and restaurants (my favorite was the bakery; they give free samples...too bad I don't remember the name. Oh well, we have it on video). It seemed very quiet over there, too. However, a friend of mine did say she saw some kids slappin' some music hela loud, so...yeah, it wasn't that unsettiling over there, like Walnut Creek was (I felt really out of place there, and I'm white!).

It was cool, though. We interviewed this one guy; Asian and realy cute. I love Asian guys, but I digress. He had this cast oon his leg, so naturally, I asked him about. He and his friends were "wall running"' (don't ask me what that is, I don't know. I only know that it's some martial art's thing), and he fell on his leg wrong. Super. Special. Awesome. If only he was a little younger...*sigh* (-_-)

No comments: