Saturday, May 24, 2008

Square Bear Rants #1: Text Messaging

.:*Square Bear*:.

PhotobucketOkay, so this has been bugging me for a while and now I finally have a place to talk about. Text messaging. It's only real purpose is to let kids secretly communicate during class time. I mean, the person you're texting obviously has a phone, so... WHY DON'T YOU JUST CALL THEM?! Wasn't that the whole purpose of the cell phone, to talk to people? I just can't understand everyone's fascination with text messaging, and I'm probably one of few teenagers who feel this way. I'm sure a lot of adults do, though. This is definately on my Top 5 Pet Peeves List.

PhotobucketAnd another thing that pisses me off about text messaging: text linguo (I don't even know if I spelled that right). You have no idea just how much this gets on my nerves. I recieved an e-mail from my brother a couple months ago and he used a text linguo replacement word for "what". That replac ement word? ..."wat". It's just "what" without the "h"! WTF? Like it's really going to kill you to type that extra letter!! Seriously people! Is it really that streneous of a task to type one extra letter? Urgh, I need to go punch something...
Other Text Linguo Words That Piss Me Off:
Photobucket
  • "That" to "dat"
  • "The" to "da"
  • "E" to "3"
  • "A" to "@"
  • "Me" to "meeh" (And I thought the whole point was to type less letters!)
  • "Your" to "ur"
  • "You" to "u"
  • "Cool" to "kool" or "koo"
  • "S" to "$"

3 comments:

Beatriz said...

Hey Jackie,
i liked what you wrote about the text messages and it was kind of funny because i use them when texting. the other day we went to walmart i saw a poster that said text mesaging glosary and i made my mom buy it for me. i tought it was funny and i have it in front of my desk. He he he!!!

Dream-er said...

FINALLY someone understands!!!
High-Five I don't text either!

Square Bear (Jackie) said...

beatriz: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! That's so funny! I need to find that poster and see which ones I missed!
dream-er: HOLY CRAP!! And I thought I was the only one! High-five back!! WACHA!!